Chicago 315 Steam Boiler Erector & Repair License
1. Any person or organization engaged in or desiring to engage in the work of repairing or erecting steam boilers, steam kettles, pressure tanks, superheaters or generators in the city must obtain a license from the Commissioner.
2. The word "erect" as herin used shall include only such steam boilers, steam kettles, pressure tanks, superheaters or generators as are assembled at the place of installation, and shall not include such steam boilers, steam kettles, pressure tanks, superheaters or generators as are constructed at the place of manufacture and delivered assembled to the place of installation.
3. It shall not include sectional heating boilers constructed of cast iron.
4. All applicants must provide a valid certificate or authorization to use the "R" repair symbol stamp from the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors and a copy of the NBBPVI Quality Control Manual for Review. OR
5. Provide a valid certificate or authorization to use the "A", "S", "H", or "U" symbol stamp. OR
6. Obtain the permission of the Commissioner.
7. Application fee. If by check or money order payable to the: City of Chicago.
8. Submit this form and mail with all supplemental documents to:
City of Chicago
P.O. Box 388249
Chicago, Illinois 60638-8249
FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS, SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF PAGE AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE PROMPTS
Apply for Exam
IF YOU ARE A RETAKE CANDIDATE:
DO NOT APPLY TO RETAKE AN EXAM
UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR OFFICIAL RESULT LETTER
FROM CONTINENTAL TESTING SERVICES